I’m at that stage in my relationship where it’s not new, but we’re not married – or even close to it. We’re just…existing. With this existence comes bickering that combat sweet-nothings. We need a change.
I want to be honest with you, ladies.
I am in love with this man. He is my pulse and my air. Without him I don’t know what I would do. I know he is the man that I will marry and grow old with…yet sometimes I can’t stand him.
I know someone out there is feeling what I’m going through. So here are some suggestions to spice up your long-term relationship:
1. Be “perfect strangers”: Plans to meet up for dinner? Pretend to be meeting for the first time. Ladies, this is where your “Sasha Fierce” can come in to play! Tempt him and seduce him like you never have. Who knows, it could end up in a bathroom rendezvous (we won’t tell!).
2. Live outside the box. No longer for thinkers, outside the box is where you should jump every now and then. Do an activity you guys have NEVER done but have ALWAYS wanted to do. Bungee jump? Kayak? You can comfort one another if things get a little crazy.
3. Take a week off. Now before I get my head chewed off and handed to me, let me preface by saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I personally believe a week off can do more good than harm (backwards, I know!). Take the time to go do something for yourself that you could never do as a couple. No matter what, you should never lose sight of who you are as a person. You can never fully love someone else until you love yourself wholly!
4. Grow something together. Whether it be a simple houseplant or taking turns feeding a goldfish, growing something reassures you that together you two can conquer the world.
5. Kick it old school. Nothing is greater than watching your guy run in circles while flying a kite. How about wiffle ball or cats cradle? Playing games you played as a child, together, is a guaranteed activity that will end in giggles and smooches in the grass.
6. (Trench) + (Heels) – Clothes. Just show up, he’ll take care of the rest. Trust me.
Okay, so admittedly half of these are not so spicy but they DO work. Do you ladies have any other suggestions for spicing things up?? Let us know!